TMMS (Tufting Machine Monitoring System)
Detect the yarn break - Save thread-up time!
Finally from Appalachian .. a Tufting Machine Monitoring System (TMMS) combining fiber optic yarn break detection, safety channels and backing detection/centering.
Designed exclusively for the tufting machine TMMS provides very effective yarn break detection performance with all yarn types /sizes and single-sided or dual-sided machine configurations. TMMS has 12 channel capacity. Generally two or more fiber optic channels are dedicated to each needle bar. One or more channels are positioned at or between eyebars below the feed roll(s). Two or more fiber optic channels between the header(s) and top yarn guide is very effective. Saturation coverage provides effective detection and prevents the mend that would otherwise occur.
System Features and Capabilities:
- Up to 12 channel capacity
- Visible-Red fiber optic light channels
- Mounting hardware for optimal channel placement
- Operator touch screen full color user interface
- Menu driven programming
- Very simple, intuitive menus
- Automatic sensitivity set-up via yarn pass-thru light beam
- Bar graph represents channel alignment and sensitivity each channel
- Extremely rugged fiber optic cable and detection heads
- Intelligent electronics with dynamic monitoring of signals
- Integrated auto-adjust gain system (AGC) maintains sensitivity throughout the life of the light source
- Long life light source in excess of 10000 hours
- Excellent performance even in high speed, high vibration machinery.
- Select language: English, Dutch and French
- Optional Large LED status indicator
Need more information?
Tell us about your specific application needs today. Please contact us at 304 647-5855 or use our contact form.