Scannair 20mp Laser
Effective yarn break detection in Raschel, Tricot, Weft-Insertion & Lace Machines
The SCANNAIR 20mp Laser has been developed to meet the demanding yarn break detection needs in high speed warp knit machines. The 20mp is the 5th generation SCANNAIR from Appalachian and represents over 40 years experience with yarn break stop motion systems dedicated to textile processes. Typical applications include detection of 15 Denier yarn across 180” needle width. Each unit is customized to the application with the correct number of channels, optional air system and mounting hardware. The SCANNAIR increases machine operating efficiency while enabling multiple machine assignments and is used throughout the global warp knit industry.
System Features and Capabilities:
- Laser transmitter/receiver system
- Typical 1-8 channel application; up to 20 channel capacity
- Central controller
- Plug & Play connectivity
- Sensitivity setting thru yarn pass thru Laser light
- Fully programmable Via portable terminal
- Status light indicators each channel
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) each channel
- Available mounting brackets for machine application
- Optional motor/fan air system
- Effective detection 15-2000 D. yarns
- Run/Bypass switch with 5-minute timeout
- Optional synchronized laser channel for knitting bar or weave shed
- Needle widths 90”, 130”, 170”, 180”, 210” 240”
Need more information?
Tell us about your specific application needs today. Please contact us at 304 647-5855 or use our contact form.